Saving templates for your scheduler

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Szumi

Saving templates for your scheduler

Post by Szumi »

As I understand it I need to be connected to my scope to build a schedule. You do that because you need to know the capabilities of what is being controlled. That makes sense.

Can we go out and have sharpcap save a template of the configuration we want to build a schedule for? I put together a mount, imaging camera, guide cam and guiding software. It doesn't change from night to night.

What I want to do is take the template file, sit at the computer in my house, refer to planetarium software and build a schedule for the night. It would make it a lot easier for me to use your scheduling capability.

Thanks,
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving templates for your scheduler

Post by admin »

Hi,

currently there isn't that sort of function available, but you can build/edit a sequence in the main sequence editor without needing the camera attached. If you decide to do that then you get less help in the sequence editor (it cannot give you values for the minimum/maximum of camera controls, or list which controls are available, etc). Not sure if that is enough for you - it should be OK to tweak an existing plan that way.

Another option is to use the built in Testing cameras in SharpCap ('Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky)') and the ASCOM simulators for telescope, focuser, filter wheel, etc - that gives you a way to play around with planning without needing your real hardware.

cheers,

Robin