Ok TY, good to know. I use arc sin in another stacking app - Canisp, and it seems to work fine based on how its implemented there (I am not technical). I did not do a head to head yet, might try that.
For 4.2 beta — tried about 10 different stacks - all roughly 5 to 10 mins from a couple rigs and for my image scale and conditions —
1. Best application seems to be an HDR type - very bright objects especially those with quickly saturating cores. Redeem a bit without blowing out greater areas of the core
2. Second best seems to be starfields including globular clusters.
3. For everything else, it wasnt close. The loss of sharpness and contrast was quite obvious
4. Enhance for me turned colored sections splotchy, its not subtle - even with saturation down low. It seems to pick certain areas and oversaturate them in pieces. Perhaps again useful for brighter objects with washed out colors to begin with but none of my 10 stacks at any saturation level.
5. I must say the adjustment for stars - if it is reduction oriented, is most intriguing and I hope some day it becomes a really powerful independent feature in Sharpcap.
For broadband EAA especially in good conditions, the highest tension is between emission nebulas and extended reflecting dust and with dense starfields. At least for me, starfields tend to dominate easily if given a chance. In AP, we commonly separate stars and then recombine them later. If there was a simple optional slider to reduce star stretch (even make it nearly linear) - that would be fantastic! We could leave it on 1.0 or close to it for objects like M31 or Perseus Double or turn it down for Veil, Iris, Rho - allowing us to see more of the amazing dust.
First public beta test version of SharpCap 4.2 now available
Re: First public beta test version of SharpCap 4.2 now available
Quick question on focus settings screen in the 9/29 beta release:
i wanted to keep the hot pixels box checked and tried saving a couple times , but everytime I open this menu it is unchecked. Not sure if it is being applied or not...
i wanted to keep the hot pixels box checked and tried saving a couple times , but everytime I open this menu it is unchecked. Not sure if it is being applied or not...