Sunspot groups 4046, 4048

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
Post Reply
Douglas
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Sunspot groups 4046, 4048

#1

Post by Douglas »

Nice clear weather here today in central France, so I tried some solar viewing. I was using just a mylar filter at first, with reasonable images, then I remenbered I have a U' Sloan filter that I got for those rare Venus views...well using it on the sun wth the mylar was impressive, much sharper and focusing was easier too. I wonder if this was a just lucky shot with good seeing...? I was using a Celestron Mak 127 and a mono 178 ZWO and Sharpcap.
I took some video too:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GBvvPMxYWGo
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17382
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
Contact:

Re: Sunspot groups 4046, 4048

#2

Post by admin »

Hi Douglas,

nice to see your solar images coming out well - did you try the solar/lunar/planetary live stacking tool as well as capture video? Interesting to be imaging in the far violet/ultra violet region - not something I have ever tried for solar or otherwise :)

cheers,

Robin
Douglas
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Re: Sunspot groups 4046, 4048

#3

Post by Douglas »

Hi Robin,

Thanks.
I didn't try the live stacking tool, I'll try that next time out.
The UV filter was an experiment, and it seems to improve the detail a little, maybe it was just that the seeing improved, it certainly didn't make the image worse...
The weather's set fair for a few days so I'm going to try the refractor to get a full disc image.

Cheer's
Doug
Post Reply