I would welcome any suggestions as to how I can improve (Like how to get rid of the dust bunnies, I copied a procedure to get flats and apply them, but obviously didnt work!) so any pointers would be greatly apprecaited.
Thanks
Hi Robin, (Please move this to the appropriate forum if here is not the place to ask this........admin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:04 pm Hi,
well done on your first image!
My technique for flat frames when capturing solar images is to use translucent plastic over the front of the telescope to diffuse the light from the sun. One option is the plastic inner bag from a breakfast cereal packet, which is often translucent. Another is that some spiral bound notebooks come with a translucent plastic cover over the front page, which can be really good for this. Both of these work well if they are big enough to cover your scope. Once you have one of these set up, the 'Capture Flat' tool in the SharpCap capture menu should do most of the rest of the work.
cheers,
Robin