Page 1 of 1

Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2025 12:11 pm
by Menno555
Hello all
I'm back in town (again). After the months with the complicated gallbladder infection, some other things highly needed my attention.
But it's all sorted out and my health is also almost back on track.

Didn't do much with imaging, but here 2 objects I captured and one reworked.
Arp 84 (NGC 5394 + 95, Heron galaxy) is a reworked version from RGB and Ha data from a few years ago.
Arp 104 (NGC 5216 + 18, Keenan's system) and Arp 141 (UGC 3730) I captured in the last couple of months.

Stacked with SiriL (m.b.v. SiriLic), basic processing in SiriL, all other processing in Photoshop.
For each set 20 x darks + 50 x (dark)flats.
Meade LX200 8" f/10 ACF + Zwo ASI071MC Pro on an Ioptron CEM25EC mount without guiding.
Capture software: SharpCap Pro 4.1

Arp 84
IR-UV cut filter: 12 x 600sec / Gain 0 / Offset 4
IR-UV cut filter: 38 x 300sec / Gain 0/ Offset 4
Optolong L-eXtreme: 8 x 600sec / Gain 200 / Offset 10
Arp84_HaRGB_sm.jpg
Arp84_HaRGB_sm.jpg (400.92 KiB) Viewed 11970 times

Arp 104
IR-UV Cut filter: 54 x 300sec / Gain 0 / Offset 4
Arp 104_RGB_sm.jpg
Arp 104_RGB_sm.jpg (449.25 KiB) Viewed 11970 times

Arp 141
IR-UV Cut Filter: 105 x 180sec / Gain 90 / Offset4
Arp 141_RGB_sm.jpg
Arp 141_RGB_sm.jpg (411.26 KiB) Viewed 11970 times

Re: Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2025 12:50 pm
by admin
Hi Menno,

nice to have you back and good to hear that your health is much improved!

I do like this sort of small galaxy image (I've never had much success with this sort of image myself, but its lovely to see the images from people who *can* do that sort of imaging). I particularly like the Arp84 image - spiral galaxies for me every time ;)

cheers,

Robin

Re: Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2025 5:13 pm
by turfpit
Welcome back Menno. I hope you are well.

Dave

Re: Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2025 11:49 am
by Menno555
Thanks Dave and Robin.
It's indeed fun and interesting to capture the "underdogs". Also more challenging, but that's part of the fun for me :)

Menno

Re: Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2025 6:31 pm
by timh
Brilliant Menno! I had quietly been wondering if something might have been amiss and great to see you back and posting excellent images with your usual flair and imagination. Really interesting targets that you have picked.

Tim

Re: Interacting galaxies Arp 84, 104 en 141 (and I'm back in town)

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2025 8:36 am
by Menno555
timh wrote: Fri Apr 25, 2025 6:31 pm Brilliant Menno! I had quietly been wondering if something might have been amiss and great to see you back and posting excellent images with your usual flair and imagination. Really interesting targets that you have picked.

Tim
Me? Flair? :o :D
And thanks. As per usual I'm really drawn to the small stuff and see if I can capture it here in the city. Like the next on my list is M87 and its jet. Should be possible with my FOV but if it will work? Only one way to find out :)

Menno