Page 1 of 3
Saving stacked images
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2025 1:02 pm
by AMIF
Is it possible to save 16 bit stacked images in one folder for further photometry and light curve processing?
Ideally - stacked, calibrated and plate solved
SC creates new folder for each stack. It is correct, but very unsuitable in this case.
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2025 1:04 pm
by admin
Hi,
you can change a lot of things about how the files and folders are named by using the 'filename templates' settings - see
https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Filename%20Templates . You will most likely be able to use this to set things up the way that you want, but you will need to take care that that elements like the date and time are included in the filename to avoid the possibility of overwriting previous files due to the same name being generated again and again.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2025 2:31 pm
by AMIF
Thank you, I tried to add time in the end, but SC does not avoid changing:
{DateTime:SZ}\{TargetName}\{AutoSave}\Stack_{BitDepth}bits_{StackedFrames}frames_{TotalExposure}\{Time:Z}
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2025 11:25 am
by admin
Hi,
I think the problem is that you have the '{DateTime}' bit still in the folder name - move that later into the file name part (after the last \) and you should be fine - something like
{TargetName}\{AutoSave}\Stack_{DateTime:SZ}_{BitDepth}bits_{StackedFrames}frames_{TotalExposure}
cheers,
Robin
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2025 2:21 pm
by AMIF
Thank you, I got needed settings finally
I use old HEQ-5 without guiding with 1.8 m focal length Mak, so stacking is the only way. BTW, does SC detect and exclude bad images before stacking, or stacks each one?
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2025 3:07 am
by AMIF
admin wrote: Sat Apr 05, 2025 11:25 am
{TargetName}\{AutoSave}\Stack_{DateTime:SZ}_{BitDepth}bits_{StackedFrames}frames_{TotalExposure}
Thank you, Robin, I tested your string carefully and got a bit of strange result:
1. There are 16 and 32 fits (and text) files in the folder
Capture:
Stack_2025-04-05T15_38_27Z_16bits_20frames_60s.fits
...
Stack_2025-04-05T15_38_27Z_32bits_20frames_60s.fits
2. There is subfolder
AutoSave in the folder
Capture, which keeps just 16-bit fitses. I need exactly 16 bit, but they are shorter:
Stack_2025-04-05T15_37_00Z_16bits_19frames_57s.fits
As I understood, it is impossible to avoid unnessesary 32-bit files, but is it possble to save 16 bit without duplication?
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2025 5:50 am
by AMIF
OK OK, without AutoSave folder all works fine:
{TargetName}\{DateTime:S}Stack_{BitDepth}bits_{StackedFrames}frames_{TotalExposure}
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2025 1:12 pm
by admin
Hi,
glad you have it sorted. You can actually control what file types are saved when the auto save happens - check out the 'settings' tab on the far right of the live stacking area to make adjustments if you need to.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2025 6:32 am
by AMIF
Is it possible to make single live stacking set but not continues sets with manual stop?
Or, better, combine live stacking with capturing and get captured SER and stacked FITS simultenously?
Re: Saving stacked images
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2025 7:01 pm
by admin
Hi,
you cannot save an SER video of the individual frames while doing deep sky live stacking, but you can make those individual frames get saved to FITS files by adjusting the 'Raw Frames' saving options on the left hand side in the live stacking area.
I'm afraid I don't understand the other part of your question, sorry.
Robin