Page 1 of 1
Sharpcap not finding stars to stack.
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 am
by pianoguy
Last night was my first try with S.C trying dso exposures. I tried I sec exposure, 5 sec and 10 sec exps with Arcturus in the center of the frame. When I stacked the first sequence Arcturus was the only star that appeared, I got the message that the program needed at least 3 stars to align.Where do I set the gain if that's the problem.Or the exposure. I'm using a celestron c8 and zwo224 camera. I have more questions of course but first thing first,
thank you, victor
Re: Sharpcap not finding stars to stack.
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm
by admin
Re: Sharpcap not finding stars to stack.
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 pm
by pianoguy
Hi Robin, I'm sorry I didn't make myself very clear about what I,m trying to do. I want to do dso long exposures so I will be using the lx mode and won't 50ms of exposure be just a little short? And what would be a decent gain to use just for openers? Thanks for your time my friend, victor
Re: Sharpcap not finding stars to stack.
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:04 am
by admin
Hi,
I'd start with exposures of about 4s and a mid-level gain and then tweak from there for that sort of imaging.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Sharpcap not finding stars to stack.
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:45 pm
by pianoguy
That,s where i'll start then, thanks Robin.