Page 1 of 1
Sunspot groups 4046, 4048
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2025 10:15 pm
by Douglas
Nice clear weather here today in central France, so I tried some solar viewing. I was using just a mylar filter at first, with reasonable images, then I remenbered I have a U' Sloan filter that I got for those rare Venus views...well using it on the sun wth the mylar was impressive, much sharper and focusing was easier too. I wonder if this was a just lucky shot with good seeing...? I was using a Celestron Mak 127 and a mono 178 ZWO and Sharpcap.
I took some video too:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GBvvPMxYWGo
Re: Sunspot groups 4046, 4048
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2025 12:51 pm
by admin
Hi Douglas,
nice to see your solar images coming out well - did you try the solar/lunar/planetary live stacking tool as well as capture video? Interesting to be imaging in the far violet/ultra violet region - not something I have ever tried for solar or otherwise
cheers,
Robin
Re: Sunspot groups 4046, 4048
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2025 5:50 pm
by Douglas
Hi Robin,
Thanks.
I didn't try the live stacking tool, I'll try that next time out.
The UV filter was an experiment, and it seems to improve the detail a little, maybe it was just that the seeing improved, it certainly didn't make the image worse...
The weather's set fair for a few days so I'm going to try the refractor to get a full disc image.
Cheer's
Doug