Page 1 of 1

Aliens?? No, it was a Space X fuel dump!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 1:24 am
by Douglas
This was a surprise, my observatory cam caught the second stage fuel venting from the SpaceX Falcon 9 NROL-69 mission.
Imaged with a Player One Neptune C colour cam with 100° lens 20 second exposures using Sharpcap, timelapse created in PIPP.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cNPyhv4Tof0

Re: Aliens?? No, it was a Space X fuel dump!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 1:44 pm
by admin
Hi Douglas,

very nice, thanks for sharing :)

I have to check my all sky camera when I get back home - it runs automatically, but I can't easily check the videos while away. Maybe it might have picked up the event on the 24th, but perhaps the view to the North isn't good enough...

cheers,

Robin

Re: Aliens?? No, it was a Space X fuel dump!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 2:33 pm
by Douglas
Cheer's Robin,

It was a very lucky capture, I had set it in that direction for the Lyrid's next month!

Doug