What is possible with short exposure (and good weather)
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2025 8:14 pm
Hello,
Yesterday evening, I did some tests with my mount (other topic about the MoveAxis command).
I remarked that the sky was very good ... and so it was my first observation of this year.
I like the simplicity ... today SharpCap allows to have good result with low workload.
I did no guiding, no dark, no flat, no long processing (only adjust the image in PaintShop Pro 7).
I only used the automatic removal of the hot/cold pixel in SharpCap.
The individual images are between 10 and 30 seconds and the stacks were (only !) 10 minutes (two images with 5 or 20 minutes).
Here the list of the targets:
Ae and Phi Aur region, IC444 (two parts), M1, M35, M37, M51, M63, M81, M82, M94, M95, M97, M97, M101, M106, M109, NGC2175, NGC2683, NGC2903.
Equipment:
Newton FD4 with ASA reducer/corrector to FD 2.9 mounted on EQ8R-h mount.
Camera QHY174GPS cooled at -30°C.
Regards,
Jean-Francois
Yesterday evening, I did some tests with my mount (other topic about the MoveAxis command).
I remarked that the sky was very good ... and so it was my first observation of this year.
I like the simplicity ... today SharpCap allows to have good result with low workload.
I did no guiding, no dark, no flat, no long processing (only adjust the image in PaintShop Pro 7).
I only used the automatic removal of the hot/cold pixel in SharpCap.
The individual images are between 10 and 30 seconds and the stacks were (only !) 10 minutes (two images with 5 or 20 minutes).
Here the list of the targets:
Ae and Phi Aur region, IC444 (two parts), M1, M35, M37, M51, M63, M81, M82, M94, M95, M97, M97, M101, M106, M109, NGC2175, NGC2683, NGC2903.
Equipment:
Newton FD4 with ASA reducer/corrector to FD 2.9 mounted on EQ8R-h mount.
Camera QHY174GPS cooled at -30°C.
Regards,
Jean-Francois