Sharpcap saving multiple images while dithering?
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2025 4:01 pm
Sharpcap v4.1.12893
PHD2 v2.6.13
ZWO ASI1600mc Pro
Just started with guiding and dithering. No more walking noise! I am, however, perplexed by the following.
I took 90 x 3 minute subs of M31 but ended up with 420 images.
I had set dithering to take place after every 4 frames.
Looking at the text file for each image - frames 1 to 4 are all different but are then followed by 8 frames which appear to be identical to frame 4. This pattern repeats after every 4 frames although the number of duplicates is not always the same. I'm assuming this is a dithering issue since I haven't encountered it before.
I examined the subs using Pixinsight Blink and all look pretty similar - there are none which look like short exposures.
How can I prevent the duplication of images?
Stacklog attached
Thanks in anticipation.
JB
PHD2 v2.6.13
ZWO ASI1600mc Pro
Just started with guiding and dithering. No more walking noise! I am, however, perplexed by the following.
I took 90 x 3 minute subs of M31 but ended up with 420 images.
I had set dithering to take place after every 4 frames.
Looking at the text file for each image - frames 1 to 4 are all different but are then followed by 8 frames which appear to be identical to frame 4. This pattern repeats after every 4 frames although the number of duplicates is not always the same. I'm assuming this is a dithering issue since I haven't encountered it before.
I examined the subs using Pixinsight Blink and all look pretty similar - there are none which look like short exposures.
How can I prevent the duplication of images?
Stacklog attached
Thanks in anticipation.
JB