Solar Mosaic 1st Attempt!
Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 12:01 pm
Here is my first attempt at a Solar Mosaic using the Solar Mosaic Tool in Sharpcap.
Shot this morning with a Lunt60 THa, QHY5III462C, Stacked and aligned in Astrosurface and made into a Mosaic (Panorama) by Afinity (V1) then re tuned in Astrosurface again to bring out detail. Gain=165, Exposure=0.5230ms
I had a piece of transparrent background showing once the images were stitched together that I had to colour fill (About 4 oclock in the image) Not sure why this happened and not sure what I could do about it (So bodged a fix
)
The tool worked well (I think) but would be handy if it had a percentage overlap function (I used the pixel overlap and set it to 200, as I need at least 25% overlap for Afinity to stitch it together) and when I tried this with a Mono Camera earlier, it only took 4 images and Afinity could not find a Panorama (Mosaic) to stitch (So Guessing either not enough images or more likely not enough overlap - That said, I didn't change any settings for the Colour Image and that took a series of six images (which did stitch together?) Almost definitely USER ERROR!
I used the Automatic Alignment Point method as did not feel I could manouver my Scope with the precision required at this stage (Still Learning).
I took Robins advice and dialed down my settings so as to not overexpose the image (Seems to me that every day is different and settings need tweaking constantly. Experience will only come with me practising! - Feedback welcome. Thanks
Shot this morning with a Lunt60 THa, QHY5III462C, Stacked and aligned in Astrosurface and made into a Mosaic (Panorama) by Afinity (V1) then re tuned in Astrosurface again to bring out detail. Gain=165, Exposure=0.5230ms
I had a piece of transparrent background showing once the images were stitched together that I had to colour fill (About 4 oclock in the image) Not sure why this happened and not sure what I could do about it (So bodged a fix
The tool worked well (I think) but would be handy if it had a percentage overlap function (I used the pixel overlap and set it to 200, as I need at least 25% overlap for Afinity to stitch it together) and when I tried this with a Mono Camera earlier, it only took 4 images and Afinity could not find a Panorama (Mosaic) to stitch (So Guessing either not enough images or more likely not enough overlap - That said, I didn't change any settings for the Colour Image and that took a series of six images (which did stitch together?) Almost definitely USER ERROR!
I used the Automatic Alignment Point method as did not feel I could manouver my Scope with the precision required at this stage (Still Learning).
I took Robins advice and dialed down my settings so as to not overexpose the image (Seems to me that every day is different and settings need tweaking constantly. Experience will only come with me practising! - Feedback welcome. Thanks