Page 1 of 1

green grid in auto-stack raw frames

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 pm
by JamesDixonLR
I apologize if this has been asked before, I did look but found nothing. I save my raw frames during live stacking but when I review them they have a fine green grid across them. What can I do about that?

Re: green grid in auto-stack raw frames

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:43 am
by admin
Hi,

I suspect that the raw frames saved from live stacking are 'RAW' images from a colour camera, which means that the colour information is encoded in differences between neighbouring pixels. If you zoom in to the pixel level you would likely see a chessboard like brightness pattern. Sometimes this sort of file can give the effect shown in your image when viewed 'zoomed out'.

You need to use a viewer or tool that is capable of debayering the images to full colour to see them properly - see viewtopic.php?t=254

cheers,

Robin