Astronomical Dawn stopped my sequence

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Beepa

Astronomical Dawn stopped my sequence

Post by Beepa »

Was running sequence about 8:30 PM (laptop, CPWI all time synced) and sequence stopped because of command: (Stop running these steps when astronomical dawn occurs (or has occurred). My time was about 16 hours past last astronomical dawn (admittedly the same day) but was still 8 hours from next dawn. Is that expected? Does it only pertain to before or after on the same calendar day?? Thanks, Beepa
admin
Site Admin

Re: Astronomical Dawn stopped my sequence

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that is correct behaviour - the step is 'Stop running when astronomical event happens or has already happened'. This meanst that any time of the day after the sun has come up will be considered a time to stop running the contained steps.

The goal is to have some predictability - maybe you have some imaging of the brightening sky inside that step and then after it finishes you want steps to run that park the mount and close a dome (or similar).

If the stop only happened at the instant of astronomical dawn then you would have a situation where if dawn is at 07:30 and the 'stop at dawn' step starts at 07:29 then it would stop after 1 minute. However if it started a bit late (07:31 say) for some reason then it would run for 24 hours until the next dawn!

cheers,

Robin
Beepa

Re: Astronomical Dawn stopped my sequence

Post by Beepa »

OK, thank you for clarifying. Beepa