ZWO ASI 294MM issue

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
twichma

ZWO ASI 294MM issue

Post by twichma »

Hi,
I have used SharpCap for years, and never had issue with my ASI294MM camera. However, this has recently changed - the camera can be working fine for a while, but then reports out of the blue that the image download failed (while the imaging itself apparently continues). In order to recover function of the camera, I have to disconnect and re-connect it. It seems as if this is a particular problem when switching from the Still image mode to live imaging (but it can also happen in a series of images with either of them). I have not changed my usual camera or connection settings. The computer is running the latest ZWO drivers and Sharpcap version. Has any one seen this with their camera? Any suggestions what I can do to fix the issue?
Thanks!
Thomas Wichmann
admin
Site Admin

Re: ZWO ASI 294MM issue

Post by admin »

Hi Thomas,

anything intermittent like this might be down to issues with USB communication between the camera and the computer. As a first set of troubleshooting , try the steps outlined in the 'Troubleshooting USB issues' guide - see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556.

In particular, lowering the Turbo USB setting can make the camera communication more stable and less prone to glitching (at the expense of lower frame rates).

cheers,

Robin