CA Reduction with Folder Monitor Camera

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Astro_shed

CA Reduction with Folder Monitor Camera

Post by Astro_shed »

I am currently using SharpCap to stack images that are being saved to folder by NINA. I would like to use the CA Reduction tool in SharpCap while live stacking these images, however, the option is not available when using the Folder Monitor camera. The only workaround that I have been able find is to use the Experimental Deep Sky Camera using the saved SharpCap stacked image. Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Re: CA Reduction with Folder Monitor Camera

Post by admin »

Hi,

it should work in the folder monitor camera, but will not show up if SharpCap thinks the images are monochrome. This could happen if the images are in TIFF format or in FITS but do not have the header information that SharpCap expects to identify them as RAW colour images.

If the colour space for the images in the folder monitor camera shows up as MONO16 (or MONO8 for that matter) then this is the cause of the problem. Directly under the colour space, you will see a control 'Debayer Preview'. Set that to one of the 'Force XXXX' options (only one will give correct colours on screen - a bit of trial and error may be needed). Once that is done, the CA correction should appear.

cheers,

Robin