Scap keeps saving flats as fits.......want tiffs

Discussions of using SharpCap for Solar or Lunar Imaging
domehome

Scap keeps saving flats as fits.......want tiffs

Post by domehome »

Hi shooting solar flats, sharp cap keeps downloads them as fit files..........have ticked in sequence download flats as tiff files......I shoot 16 bit ser files for imaging........had this problem before but forgot how I sorted it lol.........solar computer total crash so new hard drive and complete new insulation of sharp cap........ thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scap keeps saving flats as fits.......want tiffs

Post by admin »

Hi,

check the 'Saving Settings' tab in the main SharpCap settings and set the preferred still file format there to TIFF. That preferred format gets used in some circumstances where there is no direct choice of file format available (capturing flat frames, etc).

cheers,

Robin
domehome

Post by domehome »

hi Robin,
yes that is checked as save as tiff files in mane settings...........I also check tiff files on camera settings as I shoot them....but then soon as flats starts....it swops to fitts
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, OK.

It looks like the code for the flat capture only considers PNG and FITS as the possible formats - it will use the one of those that you have set as default, but doesn't consider TIFF. I will have to fix that (probably darks too).

thanks for reporting

Robin
domehome

Post by domehome »

Hi Robin

YES after my hard rive crash I installed the latest version, before that it worked fine.