Some Observations using Live Stacking
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:35 am
Hello Dr Glover,
Have a couple of clarity questions about subs fits files saved when live stacking.
Am I correct that if you have subtract darks and apply flats set in preprocessing then the individual subs are saved with these masters applied to the save data?
I am asking this because...
I am having replay issues with folder monitoring reprocessing of my subs into just another live stack outcome.
I don't seem to be able to produce the same quality of results as of the live final stacked results when I replay my subs in folder monitor.
I am thinking that I am subtracting and applying twice these mastered calibration frames.
With regards to above preprocessing concerns, " Does SharpCap use internally the results of sensor analysis to optimize its stacking and stretching for the giving gain and exposure that I am imaging with?"
Could this be the source of replay results in folder monitor?
That is these data points for sensor analysis optimizations to kick-in are not being read from FITS Header on folder monitoring replay.
Second, does fiddling around with either the display histogram stretch controls or the live stack histogram stretch controls while the stacked image builds.
- Does this alter the underlying next saved subs data?
- Does the above change/reset the average measured reference to the on-going stack?
(That initial frame count setting in the Stacking Tab)
- Does changing the Enhancement-> Noise Reduction/Sharpening settings affect the next saved sub or the on-going live stack in anyway?
-mark
Have a couple of clarity questions about subs fits files saved when live stacking.
Am I correct that if you have subtract darks and apply flats set in preprocessing then the individual subs are saved with these masters applied to the save data?
I am asking this because...
I am having replay issues with folder monitoring reprocessing of my subs into just another live stack outcome.
I don't seem to be able to produce the same quality of results as of the live final stacked results when I replay my subs in folder monitor.
I am thinking that I am subtracting and applying twice these mastered calibration frames.
With regards to above preprocessing concerns, " Does SharpCap use internally the results of sensor analysis to optimize its stacking and stretching for the giving gain and exposure that I am imaging with?"
Could this be the source of replay results in folder monitor?
That is these data points for sensor analysis optimizations to kick-in are not being read from FITS Header on folder monitoring replay.
Second, does fiddling around with either the display histogram stretch controls or the live stack histogram stretch controls while the stacked image builds.
- Does this alter the underlying next saved subs data?
- Does the above change/reset the average measured reference to the on-going stack?
(That initial frame count setting in the Stacking Tab)
- Does changing the Enhancement-> Noise Reduction/Sharpening settings affect the next saved sub or the on-going live stack in anyway?
-mark