Live stacking has been closed for over 60 seconds , starting new stack

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
MunichAtNight

Live stacking has been closed for over 60 seconds , starting new stack

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello!

Finally, after many, many weeks I was able to put my EAA setup in the garden again and work with Sharpcap version 4.1.11680.0 and experience many fantastic new functionalities.

First, I would like to highlight Sharpcap Solving, which now works incredibly quickly. :shock: Crazy, what progress, what relief, what convenience for all Sharpcap users. A huge thank you and compliments to Robin! I bow and take my hat off once again to the truly incredibly fantastic software and engineering achievements that Robin and his Sharpcap accomplish for us from time to time!

My problem with the new version is that there is now apparently a "deadline" of 60 seconds for resuming live stacking.
sharpcap-livestacking-abort-02.jpg
sharpcap-livestacking-abort-02.jpg (518.87 KiB) Viewed 329 times
I use the opportunity to interrupt live stacking, often to re-center the observed object in the middle of the sensor. I never had a problem with older versions and you could at least feel like you could continue the live stack after ages. Why has anything changed here? Can I set the time period to be able to resume a previously paused live stack or otherwise extend it to a sensible time period? Sixty seconds is just way too short for me. It is really annoying when, as happened to me yesterday, after a live stacking of almost sixty minutes, the livestack cannot be continued without any warning or any indication at all, and thus both the stacking and the previously used time are lost.
I suspect there is a problem with the way I use the software or that I have adjusted or overlooked a possible setting value and would be grateful for any tip or hint.

Servus - MunichAtNight - Ewald
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stacking has been closed for over 60 seconds , starting new stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is an option to enable or disable this behaviour - look in the righthandmost tab of the live stacking area where you will find the option to turn it off.

The problem is that there is no 'right' behaviour that works for everyone - lots of people just use live stacking without recenter or refocus, so to them if they have closed it, changed target and re-open, trying to continue the previous stack is the incorrect thing to do.

cheers,

Robin
MunichAtNight

Re: Live stacking has been closed for over 60 seconds , starting new stack

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello Robin!

There is certainly no golden path that works for everyone and is perfect in all respects. ;)

I was convinced that you had thought of something and included an alternative variant. Probably immediately obvious to everyone. That's why I was almost ashamed :roll: to have to ask such a stupid question.

Thank you for your time and the explanation. The next time I work with Sharpcap, I'll be sure to find it and post a suitable screenshot here. Maybe it will help someone else to find their way around without having to ask questions.

Thanks again and kind regards from Munich - Ewald