Dual monitor

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Altocumulus

Dual monitor

Post by Altocumulus »

I am testing the dual monitor option, remotely through NoMachine, intending to work round to having 3 monitors running 2 PCs on 2 mounts.

I seem to have started badly, with the camera live view on two monitors.

How do I revert, easily, back to single view!?
Altocumulus

Re: Dual monitor

Post by Altocumulus »

Looks increasingly likely that NoMachine doesn't have the facility for extending displays to be able to use the double display option in Sharpcap. Back to the original setup....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I hadn't even heard of NoMachine, so can't offer any advice for it :(

I do know that you can do remote control with multiple monitors using Microsoft's Remote Desktop, which does work with SharpCap dual monitor mode. Once upon a time you needed the 'Pro' version of Windows to use remote desktop, but not sure if that is still the case.

cheers,

Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Thanks Robin.

I've just found out Windows Remote can work 2 PCs, so I'm going to have another look into that.

As it keeps happening, how do I get out of SC's dual opition if both screens move to the Live View? Turning PC off is the only way I've managed!

Supplement Question. Can 2 instances of Sharpcap both use dual view at the same time, using (say) split screen?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the only thing I can think of to get out of two 'live view' showing is to use the CTRL+F12 hotkey that should toggle dual monitor view off. There is no real support for using two or more SharpCap all in dual monitor mode. If you had 4 monitors and ran SharpCap 1 on monitor 1 and SharpCap 2 on monitor 3 then I *think* dual monitor will automatically go for monitors 2 and 4 respectively, but that's about it.

If you have two monitors and set 2 SharpCaps in dual monitor mode then I think you will see the extended monitor view of the SharpCap whose main window is on top, with the other dual monitor hidden behind it.

cheers,

Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Really not too sure what's going wrong at the moment.

I've connected up Windows Remote Viewer with one PC controlling the individual PCs on the mounts.

Using just one instance of Sharpcap I cannot force dual view. The serving PC is set with 3 monitors, but dual view just stays within its window and doesn't split. I've discovered I can get back to normal by dragging the window between screens.

The 3 screens are set up with extended view mode.
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Looks increasingly as though I'll just have to work within the monitor space I have - they're both 32 inch so it's going to be doable.
Just need to remember I can only move the mouse through screen to screen.

Thanks Robin.....