Virtual Folder Monitor Camera Colour Space

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
cdanil

Virtual Folder Monitor Camera Colour Space

Post by cdanil »

Hi there, I've been shooting with a Zwo ASI294MC Pro, using SharpCap 4.1.11799, Colour Space RAW16, most camera settings set to default. I've ran into problems with weird colors and gradients (more on this later), and trying to troubleshoot this, I restacked the raw frames using the virtual folder monitor camera. However, the only option for colour space is MONO16. The manual states the "color space values are determined by the contents of the image files being loaded and cannot be changed". Could SC have a problem detecting the color space of the png files (I thought I had set the output format to FITS)? By the way, the monochrome images obtained with the virtual folder monitor camera are very nice, with no visible gradients.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Folder Monitor Camera Colour Space

Post by admin »

Hi,

PNG files unfortunately don't contain any information to tell SharpCap whether an image is MONO or RAW (both only have information for one colour channel in them). FITS does contain this information, so if you had FITS files then it ought to work correctly.

You should be able to work around this as the 'Debayer Preview' option ought to be availble below the colour space - by changing this control from 'Off' to the correct one of the four bayer patterns, you can force SharpCap to process the images as raw colour images rather than mono and then everything should work.

cheers,

Robin