Push-To Assistant: Find a Target at RA/Dec not available

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
serenus

Re: Push-To Assistant: Find a Target at RA/Dec not available

Post by serenus »

Hello Robin

Thank you for your effort to help me.

I use Sharpcap in 2 observatories on 2 different camera computers under Win11 and have also tried it on a 3rd computer under Win10. No other software runs on the camera computers, except ASTAP. No antivirus active because the camera computers are offline. Other text entries in sharpcap are possible without any problems (e.g. camera settings).

Josef Serenus
serenus

Post by serenus »

Hello Robin

Maybe I have now found the error in Sharpcap myself: If I select the simulator mount under the hardware tab in the Sharpcap settings, then the Ra-Dec input field in the push-to window allows entries.

However, I don't use Ascom, so it should be possible to enter Ra-Dec in the Sharpcap settings without assigning a mount.

I hope I helped you with this

best regards
Joseph Serenus

P.S.
Nevertheless, in my opinion it would be very useful to be able to initiate cyclic plate solving without using the Push to window and to be able to retrieve the result in a text file for external use, as I suggested in another post.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

OK, I see the same - thanks for spotting that! I don't quite understand why yet, but now I can debug it.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, got it - will be fixed in the next update.

cheers,

Robin