Push-To Assistant: Find a Target at RA/Dec not available

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
serenus

Push-To Assistant: Find a Target at RA/Dec not available

Post by serenus »

Push-To with a target from the Catalog works without any problems. But when i want to insert RA/Dec in the entry-field below, the field is not enabled. Copy and Paste does not work also. The entry-field is always dimmed. A red astserisk is shown nearby the option field, i don't know why.

i use SharpCap Pro (v4.1.11799, 64bit) under Win11 with a camera ZWO-ASI6200MCpro

please help me
admin
Site Admin

Re: Push-To Assistant: Find a Target at RA/Dec not available

Post by admin »

Hi,

all that should be necessary is to check the little button on the left of the 'Find Target at RA/Dec' text - that will enable entering text in the box and disable the catalog selection above. Basically this is telling SharpCap that you want to enter the co-ordinates manually rather than using the catalog...
Screenshot 2024-02-19 135038.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-19 135038.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 479 times
cheers,

Robin
serenus

Post by serenus »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:52 pm Hi,

all that should be necessary is to check the little button on the left of the 'Find Target at RA/Dec' text - that will enable entering text in the box and disable the catalog selection above. Basically this is telling SharpCap that you want to enter the co-ordinates manually rather than using the catalog...

Screenshot 2024-02-19 135038.jpg

cheers,

Robin
Sorry, the problem is not solved:
I clicked on the field you outlined in red. A red star appears next to it (but not in your screenshot) and the catalog selection is disabled. However, entering coordinates is still blocked.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

so the red star is there because the box to the right is empty or has text in it that cannot be converted to co-ordinates. Once you get something in the box, that will go away.

Can you type in the box to the right, or is it completely locked? I just typed in the random values '1.23 4.56' for the screenshot above. I can imagine some possible situations where you cannot paste content into the box because it is not the right format on the clipboard, but I cannot so far see any reason for it to be completely disabled if the round button on the left is pressed.

thanks,

Robin
serenus

Post by serenus »

Hello Robin

Thank you for your effort to help me. But I can't find a way to enable the text box for input.

Josef Serenus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's really odd - can you please send a screenshot showing the whole of the push-to window when you are experiencing this issue - maybe there is something you haven't noticed that might help explain why this is happening.

thanks,

Robin
serenus

Post by serenus »

Here is it

I can't enter anything in the text box. Although it is displayed white, the border remains gray because it is not enabled.

When I move the mouse over this text window, I get a context menu with the right mouse button

Still I can't insert anything with cut and paste
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the only thing I can think of is that maybe when you check the button on the left, the code that is supposed to update the rest of the user interface is encountering an error part-way through, so it never gets to the part that enables the text entry area.

Can you check the SharpCap log to see if any errors or warnings get recorded when you tick the button that might help me understand what is going wrong. Also, can you test other similar parts of the code (for instance the similar entry box for co-ordinates in the 'Goto Catalog Target/Co-ordinates' tool). Finding one thing that works while the other doesn't might just provide a clue.

thanks,

Robin
serenus

Post by serenus »

Here is the logging information for the time period in which the push-to window was opened. Then "find a target at RA/dec" was selected, the red star appears immediately and input is not possible.

Info 21:39:39.871971 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.OpenCameraAction ZWO ASI585MC complete in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
Info 21:39:39.949439 #22 =='Display Update' (New Thread)
Warning 21:39:39.949658 #22 Obtaining lease on WriteableBitmap took 346ms in WriteableBitmapWriteLease SharpCap.Base.WPFFrameDisplay.GetWriteableBitmapLease(Size size, PixelFormat pixelFormat)
Info 21:39:42.617241 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction executing in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
Info 21:39:42.718762 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction complete in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
Info 21:40:39.422335 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.PushToAction executing in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
Info 21:40:39.856249 #1 Generating sequencer code for Push-To Assistant status :
GotoCatalogTarget:TargetName=M1 (NGC 1952,Crab Nebula)|Enabled=True
GotoCoordinates:Name=|Coordinates=|Enabled=False
in ScriptBlock SharpCap.MiniWizards.MiniWizardModel.CreateScript(bool liveCompile)
Info 21:40:44.704757 #1 Generating sequencer code for Push-To Assistant status :
GotoCatalogTarget:TargetName=M1 (NGC 1952,Crab Nebula)|Enabled=True
GotoCoordinates:Name=|Coordinates=|Enabled=True
in ScriptBlock SharpCap.MiniWizards.MiniWizardModel.CreateScript(bool liveCompile)
Info 21:40:44.713897 #1 Generating sequencer code for Push-To Assistant status :
GotoCatalogTarget:TargetName=M1 (NGC 1952,Crab Nebula)|Enabled=False
GotoCoordinates:Name=|Coordinates=|Enabled=True
Info 21:40:49.213249 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction executing in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
Info 21:40:49.235122 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction complete in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.ExecuteAsync()
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm, no real useful info there - no errors anyway. Thanks anyway!

We are now down to educated guesswork and trying things to see if they help...

* Try another PC if you can to see if the same thing happens
* Try resetting the SharpCap settings to default (bottom of Settings window - you can export your current settings before this and re-import them afterwards)
* Think about if you have any software running on your PC that might be monitoring or interacting with SharpCap's user interface - screen reader software, dictation software, etc.
* If you have local settings that make the decimal separator a comma, try changing to a dot to see if that helps (but, if that was broken lots of people would have said).
* Think about antivirus software, which can cause weird bugs sometimes (but normally it's things like not being able to start the application, not a particular box cannot be edited)

cheers,

Robin