When making a sequence of captures, show the number of captures remaining

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

When making a sequence of captures, show the number of captures remaining

Post by Borodog »

Under Start Capture, you can set controls for the captures and controls for a sequence of captures. But during the sequence, the number of captures remaining in the sequence is not displayed anywhere I can find. It would be nice if it were in the lower right, to the left of the Time Left in the current capture

Thanks for your time and consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Re: When making a sequence of captures, show the number of captures remaining

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

it's shown in the notification bar during the wait between captures as shown below, but not during each capture itself. I presume the latter is what you were thinking about..
Screenshot 2024-02-01 150101.png
Screenshot 2024-02-01 150101.png (15.48 KiB) Viewed 829 times
The notification bar at the bottom is tricky to add to, as it's 'at capacity' on 1280 wide screens like the toolbar is under some situations. One of the things I have been thinking about for a while is a way to scroll back through previous notifications if you miss one, which would give you the information you wanted - and have other benefits... Maybe I should move that up the todo list.

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

Thanks, Robin. I was completely missing that. It's probably because I've only made literally thousands of captures. :Op
MikeHuerto

Post by MikeHuerto »

I had the same concern as Borodog the other night, some way of looking at past notifications would be very useful.

Mike
Bortle 5
Skywatcher GOTO Synscan 14" Dobson
Skywatcher 130PDS on HEQ5
ZWOASI224MC and ASI294MCPro
Laptop = Lenovo Legion 5 FullHD 144Hz (Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA RTX2060-6GB, Windows 10
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:10 pm Hi Mike,

it's shown in the notification bar during the wait between captures as shown below, but not during each capture itself. I presume the latter is what you were thinking about..

Screenshot 2024-02-01 150101.png

The notification bar at the bottom is tricky to add to, as it's 'at capacity' on 1280 wide screens like the toolbar is under some situations. One of the things I have been thinking about for a while is a way to scroll back through previous notifications if you miss one, which would give you the information you wanted - and have other benefits... Maybe I should move that up the todo list.

cheers,

Robin
Robin,

It seems like this notification message has disappeared in one of the recent versions. Since you told me were to look, I was looking for the notification to pop up at the end of each capture in a sequence, but it never did! SharpCap just went right on to start the next capture.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

testing the latest 4.1.11804, I can only make that happen if the interval between captures is set to 00:00:00 - setting it to 1s or higher and it works for me.

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

Hmm. I used to get those notifications (but never actually read them) and I've always used 0s between captures. Still, I will switch it to 1s.

Thanks,

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

with a zero second gap, it all becomes really sensitive to exact timings. I think that the current notification gets cleared at the start of a new capture to avoid confusion with old notifications showing, so that will quite likely wipe the 'number of captures to go' message instantly.

cheers,

Robin