How do you integrate SharpCap commands with Visual Studio?

A place to post guides, instructions and HOWTO documents on the use of SharpCap and Astrophotography in general
Forum rules
One tutorial per topic please.
Please only post content that you have created in this form.
Tutorials should be either in PDF format as an attachment or written in the first post of the topic. Links to video tutorials you created are also acceptable.
tmnathe

How do you integrate SharpCap commands with Visual Studio?

Post by tmnathe »

I switched over to Visual Studio to see if I could work around some of the limits of SharpCap's scripting tool.

Very nearly have that problem licked if only I knew how to get the SharpCap scripting commands imported.
Any thoughts on the matter?

What I'm seeing is a warning message - "SharpCap" is not defined.

And also, don't know what happened, but along the way, all the hardware commands past SharpCap disappeared (like no Cameras, Mount, Wheels, and related. All that showed up were logical and comparison functions. I had to delete SharpCap and reinstall it for the hardware commands to reappear.
I'm blaming an errant cosmic ray burst but I suppose a bit got flipped.

Thanks!
Tom
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you integrate SharpCap commands with Visual Studio?

Post by admin »

Hi Tom,

unfortunately that approach isn't something that is supported - there is a certain amount of software protection built into SharpCap to try to prevent people from easily working around the pro license checks, and that means that there isn't a DLL on disk that you can load into a development environment like Visual Studio and work with.

Sorry about that,

Robin
tmnathe

Re: How do you integrate SharpCap commands with Visual Studio?

Post by tmnathe »

Well, it was an idea.

But thanks again for the help.

Tom