lunar live stack

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Tiago Ferreira

lunar live stack

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

How do i leave the live stack to the regular live view window?
If i close the bottom window it gets a weird view. It close but the real estate of the box still there, i think it's a bug.
In the regular live stack we just click the live stack button to return to normal but hete i can't.
BTW this last update improved so much. Thanks
Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DobsonianPower

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
6" f/5 Dobsonian Go-To Virtuoso Gti
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
Geoptik Eartha Eq Platform
ZWO ASI224MC + ZWO ASI294MC
admin
Site Admin

Re: lunar live stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

use the little cross at the top-right of the planetary live stacking area to close the tool (works for any tool that shows at the bottom) - as highlighted below
Screenshot 2024-01-29 111017.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-29 111017.jpg (26.84 KiB) Viewed 687 times
If you use the little pin to the left of the cross then it will hide the stacking tool away at the bottom of the screen, but leave it active.

Another alternative is to re-select the planetary live stacking from the menu - the first time you select it, it activates and shows a tick in the menu, a repeated use when active will de-activate it.

I shall have to think about a toolbar button for it - trouble is that the toolbar is pretty full and I have at least one more thing coming that will need space... Not sure how to *get* the space nicely :(

cheers,

Robin
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:12 am Hi,

use the little cross at the top-right of the planetary live stacking area to close the tool (works for any tool that shows at the bottom) - as highlighted below

Screenshot 2024-01-29 111017.jpg

If you use the little pin to the left of the cross then it will hide the stacking tool away at the bottom of the screen, but leave it active.

Another alternative is to re-select the planetary live stacking from the menu - the first time you select it, it activates and shows a tick in the menu, a repeated use when active will de-activate it.

I shall have to think about a toolbar button for it - trouble is that the toolbar is pretty full and I have at least one more thing coming that will need space... Not sure how to *get* the space nicely :(

cheers,

Robin
That cross was what i used but it removed the box and left a weird space on it shrinking the screen view as well. I think it's a bug, please test it.
I insist again that you should think in a way (if possible) to turn sharpcap features customizable in some way. Most of us uses a % of the full sharpcap and i would love to get rid of 80% of the things i never use on my UI. Each people has its own way to use sharpcap. Besides, the more you evolve the "beast" the more complexity you add to it and that problem will increase. I don't know Robin, just think about it, it would turn sharpcap more accessible and easy to use. Something like a list on settings with a checkbox to uncheck what we never use would turn it super clean.
sc.jpg
sc.jpg (61.89 KiB) Viewed 686 times

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it'd difficult to see in that screenshot, but it looks like the zoom setting for SharpCap is set to some '%' value (I can just see the % when I zoom in). If the zoom is set to a % value then the size of the image doesn't automatically change to fill the space when the planetary stacking is closed. If the zoom is set to 'Auto' then it will automatically go back to filling the space when the planetary stack tool is closed.

If it isn't that then please share a video of it happening, as I am seeing nothing wrong here.

cheers,

Robin
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

No it was not zoomed in. It was weird. I was playing around with it live. I'm really loving this feature.
Check from here if you can figure it out: https://www.youtube.com/live/iodyqUmBfH ... CoG&t=7629

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, thanks, following the steps in the video of

* lunar live stacking
* set to auto hide
* switch to deep sky live stacking
* press deep sky live stacking again to hide it

makes the problem happen - I can investigate now.

cheers,

Robin