Keyboard shortcuts

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
podumal

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by podumal »

Hi,
this is not a bug report, but I wanted to point out that there's no complete list of keyboard shortcuts, and the one listed in the documentation are not actually correct: Quick Capture is Q, not Alt-Q and so on.

Moreover, I noticed that the Italian translation has keyboard shortcuts listed on the buttons (that's how I learned that Quick Capture is Q), while there's no such thing in the English version.

Can you, please, list all of the shortcuts?

Thanks.
Sergey
admin
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by admin »

Hi,

the keyboard shortcuts associated with the menu bar and the toolbar are not listed in the manual because you can get them highlighted in the application fairly easily. In fact once programs highlighted the shortcut key for a menu item by default, but Microsoft changed all that some time ago. Anyway, to see the shortcut keys for each menu item, just press the <ALT> key once and the shortcut key will be underlined for each menu/toolbar item. This is a standard Windows feature and will work with most Windows applications.

The shortcut key for Quick Capture is supposed to be AltQ, but it looks like the 'Sequencer' menu currently has a Q shortcut key too, which stops that from working properly :( I will have to look into that. Some of the translations add the extra shortcut key letter, particularly if the original shortcut letter does not appear in the translated name of the item.

Hope this helps,

Robin
podumal

Post by podumal »

Hi Robin,
thanks for prompt reply, but there are still a lot of shortcuts in the program, which are not visible with Alt key.
By chance I found out that F1 and F2 change exposure, F3 and F4 change gain, F5 and F6 change brightness (this was very hard to spot).

I still think that a dedicated page listing all of the shortcuts available is needed.

Thanks.

Sergey
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sergey,

that's all in the documentation - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Keyboa ... 0Shortcuts . I thought you had found that page and noticed that the ALT based menu shortcuts were missing.

thanks,

Robin
podumal

Post by podumal »

Hi Robin,
I'm so sorry! That page answers all of my questions.
The search on the Internet does not show it and I didn't go through the whole documentation.

I think that there should be a shortcut for increasing/decreasing mount movement rate.

Thank you.

Sergey
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sergey,

mount movement rates I presume? Any suggestions on keys that make sense that aren't in use elsewhere? Maybe PgUp/PgDown, although it might need to be +SHIFT or +CTRL to avoid conflicting with existing uses of those keys.

cheers,

Robin
podumal

Post by podumal »

Hi Robin,
They should be close to movement shortcuts. So <CTRL>+NUMPAD 9 to increase, <CTRL>+NUMPAD 3 to reduce.
And maybe something like <CTRL>+O and <CTRL>+P in the IJKL area.

Thanks.
Sergey