Sharpcap Pro License issue

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
giraud

Sharpcap Pro License issue

Post by giraud »

Hi,

I have recently renewed my Sharpcap Pro licenses, using the code from my new Altair camera that I use for deep sky observations. And that works fine.

However, I have another camera that I use for planetary observations, and it is a Player One. When I use it, Sharpcap indicates that my license does not cover the use of this camera. Does that mean I need to actually buy one more license to be able to use this camera with the Pro features?

Many thanks.

Cheers.
Eric.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap Pro License issue

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

A purchased license (paid for with card/paypal) works for any camera. The licenses that come free with Altair cameras are limited as you have noticed - they only enable the Pro functions when you are using an Altair camera. I'm sure you can understand why this is desireable from Altair's point of view...

So, the answer to your question is yes - you will need a paid for license if you want to use the Pro features with your PlayerOne camera. You can obviously use the free SharpCap features with the P1 camera without any problem.

cheers,

Robin
giraud

Re: Sharpcap Pro License issue

Post by giraud »

Hi Robin,

From a sales perspective I think this a better deal for you than for them as people look at buying a camera before they discover they need a capture software, and there is a direct incentive to use Sharcap...and not the other way round.

I think such a decision is not good for them as it leaves me, as their Customer, disapointed. And the choice I made to buy a Player One for planetary was a technical choice that a free one year Sharpcap couldn't overcome.

Anyway, I think this is what we can call a loose loose kind of scheme.

I'll buy a didicated license then.

Cheers,
Eric.