Plate Solve and Resync

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Dale3152

Plate Solve and Resync

Post by Dale3152 »

Purchased a new computer and installed the SharpCap software. My old computer still also has the SharpCap software. I updated all the Pro License info on the new computer and it indicates that it is Pro at the top. I start up my Mount and then SharpCap as normal but the Plate Solve and Resync always remains grey as if it is not Pro authorized. I have shutdown and restarted several times but will not work. Been using SharpCap for years so this is unusual. Thoughts.

Dale Emanuel
Dale3152

Re: Plate Solve and Resync

Post by Dale3152 »

Just an update. I have now reloaded ASTAP program plus the star data base. I have tested the Plate Solver program and it works so I have a good Plate Solver Program and a star data base but the Plate Solve and Resync button still does not go dark to allow for use. I know I am missing something very simple here. Mount is online and tracking and SharpCap is controlling camera. What am I missing.

Dale Emanuel
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dale,

things to check include

* Mount is 'connected' in SharpCap - ie you have selected it in the SharpCap hardware settings and ticked the connected box

* Plate solving is set up in SharpCap to use Astap - check the plate solving settings and use the 'test selected plate solver' button there to check that it has successfully found Astap and can launch it correctly.

Note that the very latest updates of SharpCap include a built in plate solver, with a pre-installed star index that will work down to 0.5 degree FOV. For fields between 0.25 and 0.5 there is an optional download of an extended index in the plate solving settings.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PS...

Plate solve and sync not available is not linked to the pro license - the conditions for it to activate are

* Camera open
* Plate solving engine available
* Mount connected
* Mount can report pointing co-ordinates to SharpCap

cheers,

Robin
Dale3152

Post by Dale3152 »

Hi Robin,

I went back through all the suggestions you gave me and continued to struggle, but it finally hit me. Since I loaded all this years ago on my old computer I forgot on additional thing besides ASCOM. I did not have the specific CPWI Driver from Celestron loaded. Drove me nuts to finally figure this out. Thanks for the help with all the suggestion to work through because it finally juggled my memory.

Dale "Love my SharpCap" Emanuel