Various equipment configurations

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Txema Arnillas

Various equipment configurations

Post by Txema Arnillas »

Hi all, would it be possible to configure more than one sharp Cap with more than one equipment? For example: I have one set-up for planetary with a Mak 180 + Focuser Focus Cube Zero from Pegasus Atro + Phoenix Player One 8 × 1.25" automated filter wheel. The second equipment for deep sky with a Newton 200/1000 + Focuser RB Focuser Merlin 3.0 + an automated filter wheel QHYCFW3 5*2". The third equipment with a 72 ED refractor tube + a ZWO EAF focuser. Every time I want to use a different equipment than the one configured in Sharp Cap I have to change the elements in the hardware configuration. Best regards from Santoña, Cantabria, Spain. Thank you for your attention.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Various equipment configurations

Post by admin »

Hi,

currently the way to do this is by setting up alternative settings instances and then creating shortcuts on the desktop to launch the various instances. This involves using the command line argument /instance N (where N is a number between 2 and 9). See https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Comman ... 0Arguments for a bit more info.

When you first run SharpCap with a new instance number, it will copy your existing settings, but from that point on, the settings (with a couple of exceptions like license key and capture profiles) are separate and will not affect each other).

cheers,

Robin