Capture Profiles Management

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
StarFlea

Capture Profiles Management

Post by StarFlea »

Hi Robin!

In Capture Profile Management, I noticed that underscores ("_") are not displayed in the names of the capture profiles. These are displayed correctly in the Camera controls...

There is also a camera called "SVBONY SV305C".
Seems to be a standard camera!? In principle it doesn't bother me, but if I try to delete the profiles manually, they are automatically reinstalled when I start the program.

Greetings!
Star Flea
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture Profiles Management

Post by admin »

Hi,

interesting on the '_' characters - I wasn't expecting that and couldn't spot the code that causes it at a quick look. I will have to dig deeper.

The SVBony thing was a request from them to include 2 default profiles for the SV305 with SharpCap. Probably not a bad idea as the SV305 is very often someone's first camera, so a pre-defined group of settings is probably useful. If you really don't want to see them, the files are installed in a 'DefaultCaptureProfiles' subfolder of the install folder (but they will re-appear on an upgrade if you delete them from there).

cheers,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

admin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:24 pm If you really don't want to see them, the files are installed in a 'DefaultCaptureProfiles' subfolder of the install folder (but they will re-appear on an upgrade if you delete them from there).
Not just when upgrading! A normal program start is sufficient and the SharpCap installer starts and adds the two files.
Whatever, not important! I can live with that! ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, the wonders of windows installer auto-repair. Unfortunately not trivial to turn it off for the files in question, sorry :(

cheers,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

The Problem is fixed! Thank you! :)