Surface stabilization tool on Moon Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
DrBobAZ

Surface stabilization tool on Moon Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel

Post by DrBobAZ »

Here is my first use of the surface stabilization tool on the moon terminator. I captured Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel region in surprising detail, save as seen.

Apart from one sharpening artifact (my fault), I think it really shows the power of this new livestack tool on larger regions.

C6(f10)/asi678mc/uv-ir

I used the full sensor size for this 3840 x 2160 2 micron pixel. The image below has been degraded to get under 1MB
Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus_Arzachel2023-12-21-0351_3-MoonLivestackSurfacedowngrade.jpg
Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus_Arzachel2023-12-21-0351_3-MoonLivestackSurfacedowngrade.jpg (677.11 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Bob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Surface stabilization tool on Moon Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

looks good - glad to hear it worked for you. I am planning to add a gamma adjustment in the near future, which will make balancing the brightness easier I think (able to brighten the dim areas without blowing out the brighter ones).

cheers,

Robin
DrBobAZ

Re: Surface stabilization tool on Moon Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel

Post by DrBobAZ »

thanks! Precisely what is needed, the case of along the terminator would benefit greatly.

Bob