Page 1 of 1

Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:32 pm
by schimmi66
There is a problem with the connection of MGEN3 with SharpCap 4.1 (64-bit). Some time ago, everything worked perfectly. The guiding works, but I can't dither. I am working in direct mode in Windows 10, 64 bit, without ASCOM. The FTDI driver is installed. SharpCap always reports "not connected to guiding".
The connection works in the 32-bit version of SharpCap 4.1. However, the 32-bit version fails after a short time due to "out of memory". Why does my MGEN3 no longer connect to SharpCap 4.1? Why does the 32-bit version work and the 64-bit version not? I hope that you can help me quickly.

Regards Klaus

Re: Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:22 pm
by admin
Hi Klaus,

it could be that there are some DLLs that the MGEN code needs missing on your system. Can you check the SharpCap log to see if there are any error messages recorded when you try to connect to guiding - the information there would help reveal what the problem is.

cheers,

Robin

Re: Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:38 am
by schimmi66
Hi Robin,
thanks for the tip. I have looked at the log file and found the error. Only Microsoft Visual C++ 32bit was installed on my notebook. After installing the 64bit version, everything worked.
Now I can happily go on my Christmas vacation.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Klaus

Re: Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am
by admin
Hi Klaus,

so it was looking for MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll I guess - I should try to include them in the installer.

cheers,

Robin