Revisit of Mars Occultation by Moon 12/22 using new Surface Stabilization Livestack

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
DrBobAZ

Revisit of Mars Occultation by Moon 12/22 using new Surface Stabilization Livestack

Post by DrBobAZ »

Greetings All,

Wanted to share something I tried with the new Lunar/Solar surface stabilization livestack tool in Sharpcap4.1

A video showing the occultation event.

Using the surface stabilization of the sharpcap planetary (and lunar and solar) live stacking tool. I only have avi's from that date, so I generated this animated gif from the highspeed camera playing a ser file.

This was done with a C6(f10)/asi294mc-pro.

I stitched together a few avi's I had from that date, converted to ser's (the tool only accepts ser in the video replay boxes)

A bit of sharpening and color balance. Note there is some detail visible in the Martian disk.

Sorry for the blown out Moon, and focus (as a result) was not very good. Need to overexpose the Moon to get the disk of Mars in good shape. Seeing poor/avg as usual.

Here is a still from that video
Capture_00001_WithDisplayStretch.png
Capture_00001_WithDisplayStretch.png (136.16 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Animated Gif too big to post directly, here is the gif on cloudy nights.

https://www.cloudynights.com/gallery/si ... 12/medium/

Thanks Robin!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Revisit of Mars Occultation by Moon 12/22 using new Surface Stabilization Livestack

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

that is *really* cool - thanks for sharing! It's amazing that people are finding so many uses for the new tool that I had never even considered from this sort of occultation video to (perhaps inevitably) attempting to use it for the brighter deep sky targets...

cheers,

Robin