Saving The Livestack Window Position

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
CraigG

Saving The Livestack Window Position

Post by CraigG »

Greetings All!

I've started to use SC 4 more often now after many enjoyable years working with 3. I find that with 4, I have to reposition and resize the livestack/histogram window each time I start the program This didn't seem to be the case with 3. I prefer to shrink it quite a bit and place it near the bottom of the screen similar to its location in my SC 3 configuration. So, I was wondering if there's a way to save my modified position (view) of the livestack window before shutdown? I've experimented with the Dock and Hide functions but have yet to find a setting that seems to accomplish that.

Thanks!
Craig
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving The Livestack Window Position

Post by admin »

Hi Craig,

somewhere along the way from SharpCap 3 to 4, I changed the library that adds the ability to adjust the panel sizes, move them out onto another monitor and so on. In SharpCap 4, I never quite got the code right to save the height of the bottom panel, but that is now fixed in SharpCap 4.1 (it should save the height you set for each tool separately).

cheers,

Robin
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Thanks Robin!

I'm sure I don't have the latest version of 4...it's so hard to keep up with you :-) ...so I'll download the latest one and give it a try.

Thanks and have a wonderful holiday season!
Craig
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Robin-

4.1 solved the window postitiong issue for me! I'm so pleased with how it works with my iOptron CEM40EC. The pulse guiding option frees me from the additional hassle of a guide scope, etc. Thanks for all that you did to perfect 4.1!

Best Wishes,
Craig
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Craig,

glad that works now for you :)

cheers,

Robin