Folder Called Captures

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
kaymann

Folder Called Captures

Post by kaymann »

I thought I had a folder naming schema that included all possible scenarios. However, when I was taking planetary save as seen I think they were saved in a folder called "Capture". I also believe my master flats landed in "Capture". Is there anyway I can set up a schema for these scenarios or more likely did I screw up one of the Filename Templates:
Screenshot 2023-12-19 134103.png
Screenshot 2023-12-19 134103.png (63.62 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Called Captures

Post by admin »

Hi,

I wasn't expecting that - let me check and see if I can work out what is going on.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I tested out a range of different scenarios for this and couldn't get anything to misbehave.

All I can think of is that 'Capture' is used in place of the target name if the target name has been left black, so that could have been part of the issue.

If you catch it happening again, please send a log and I will be able to check in more detail.

cheers,

Robin
kaymann

Post by kaymann »

FYI every occurrence has been either:
  • with Capture - Capture Flat... which automatically fills target name with "flat"
  • or with Tools - Live Planetary Stacking which also fills target name with "Jupiter" or...
And to be clear the Capture folder then has children called Flat or Jupiter or...
Also for the planetary folders it is only when I click Save as seen or Save to...

We are socked in with rain until 12/26 so logs until then.

Well I just went into Test camera and noticed that capture is the default if no target is selected - that is a good thing.
Then I added Jupiter in the Target name and did another save and boom capture is replaced with Jupiter - that is a good thing.
Got me thinking and I cannot test this until clear weather, but in another thread we were talking about the Tools Goto Catalog... was working but consistently send me very off center. If I am then forced to manually center say Jupiter do I lose my Target name which would then put me back in capture folder? That would also make sense sort of.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

recentering after a missed GOTO will not clear the target name, so it should maintain the value that is set by the GOTO target tool. In fact I don't think there is anything in the application that sets the target name back to blank after you have set it to something (unless you manually go in and delete the text - which we can assume isn't happening!).

I think sending me a log if you catch it happening again is the best bet - that should record enough for me to figure it out.

cheers,

Robin