Debayer and were my frames actually stacked?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
rockenrock

Debayer and were my frames actually stacked?

Post by rockenrock »

Hi Robin,
I am still at Ver 4.0, but will update soon.

--- Is there any sequence editor steps to turn off Debayer? I ask because I want to live stack (20x30s) non-debayered subs from my color camera and save it. So far I have been just turning off Debayer preview before starting my sequence.

--- From my object sequence captures I got the warning that my sub was not aligned (okay by me) because subs not debayered. (Image type = Light)

--- Now I have a sequence capture to make my (20x30s) dark frames. (Image type = Dark). Now the warning I get is my frame was not stacked (not okay). See attached darks sequence.

--- To verify if really stacked or not I would like to know if the Fits header (or some other way) will reveal if my sub frames were actually stacked.

--- I am very concerned my previous Light frames of objects are really stacked, or just 1x30s sub (really bad).

I really appreciate your help, and your vast experience!

Thanks,
Roger
Attachments
Darks 20x30SG101-5C.scs
(793 Bytes) Downloaded 53 times
Witch Head Nebula.scs
(993 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times
rockenrock

Re: Debayer and were my frames actually stacked?

Post by rockenrock »

rockenrock wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:43 am Hi Robin,
I am still at Ver 4.0, but will update soon.

--- Is there any sequence editor steps to turn off Debayer? I ask because I want to live stack (20x30s) non-debayered subs from my color camera and save it. So far I have been just turning off Debayer preview before starting my sequence. Roger reply: Please answer this.

--- From my object sequence captures I got the warning that my sub was not aligned (okay by me) because subs not debayered. (Image type = Light) Roger: No reply needed, this is just what happened.

--- Now I have a sequence capture to make my (20x30s) dark frames. (Image type = Dark). Now the warning I get is my frame was not stacked (not okay). See attached darks sequence. Roger reply: I did not click to turn off Debayer Preview. Now I turn it off, rerun the script and get the result I want.

--- To verify if really stacked or not I would like to know if the Fits header (or some other way) will reveal if my sub frames were actually stacked. Roger reply: The number of subs stacked is saved in the file name!

--- I am very concerned my previous Light frames of objects are really stacked, or just 1x30s sub (really bad). Roger reply: They are really stacked because the file name shows 20 frames_600s.

I really appreciate your help, and your vast experience!

Thanks,
Roger
admin
Site Admin

Re: Debayer and were my frames actually stacked?

Post by admin »

Hi Roger,

to check what happened in previous stacks, look at the capture settings file which is saved next to the saved images - you will find entries in that which record the number of frames that went into the stack and the total stacked exposure (amount a lot of other info)

Code: Select all

TotalExposure(s)=1368
StackedFrames=171
You can set the debayer preview option in the sequencer - you need to use the 'Set <Control Name> to <Control Value>' step, which is the catch all way of setting a camera control that doesn't have a specific step to adjust it (like exposure, gain, etc do). Oddly the 'Debayer Preview' control doesn't show up in the dropdown of possible control names, but if you type it in manually, it works. I will look into that little glitch.

cheers,

Robin