M78 Casper the friendly ghost

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

M78 Casper the friendly ghost

Post by nexusjeep »

Well managed to get just over three hours of imaging last night this is the best 46 subs out of 58 stacked, was a bit hit and miss as none of the apps agreed on what the weather would be so in the end looked at the satellite feed from windy.com and the sky temperature from my weather station and thought sod it will see what we get. Also I am building an Allsky camera as well so had the prototype sat in the bedroom window as well which turned out to be quite useful as it can see faint cloud that I cannot so when I was getting weird focus scores I could see that there was slight wisps of cloud which with the naked eye I could not.

Integration is 46 x 3min so 2hrs 18min, 50 x 1.5s flats, 50 x dark flats, + masterbias, masterdark, Bad Pixel Map from Astro Pixel Processor.

Imaging kit : APM-LZOS 130/780 + 0.75x MR Reducer/flattener, ASI2600MC-Pro + Esatto 4" Focuser
Mount : M-UNO Synscan
Guide : Skywatcher ED72Pro+0.8x reducer, sesto senso focus motor, Altair 290M guide camera
Software: SharpCap, GSS Mount control software, PHD2, Stellarium, AstroPixelProcessor, Affinity Photo 1.9

Cheers
Nick
turfpit

Re: M78 Casper the friendly ghost

Post by turfpit »

Nick

Nice job capturing/extracting the faint stuff.

Dave
nexusjeep

Re: M78 Casper the friendly ghost

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Dave,
Yep turned out better than expected from the limited acquisition time just hoping for some better weather before Christmas or perhaps I should ask Santa for some clear moonless nights.

Cheers
Nick