Why does this Sequencer script fail with "guiding not connected" error?

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
hamers

Why does this Sequencer script fail with "guiding not connected" error?

Post by hamers »

I've been using SharpCap for several years but I'm new to using the Sequencer. I have my rig up and running, including Ph.D. guiding with good skies and good tracking. I'm using liveStacking with dithering and everything is running fine. I then ran the sequence script in the screenshot below, and it fails with a "guiding not connected" error. When I got back to Ph.D. it shows it is guiding just fine. I don't see any kind of "connect guiding" within the sequencer, so I'm lost as to why this error occurs and what I should do to fix it to make the sequence run. thanks for any help !!

Bob
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.12.32 AM copy.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.12.32 AM copy.jpg (391.97 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Why does this Sequencer script fail with "guiding not connected" error?

Post by admin »

Hi,

the step you need to connect is called 'Monitor Guiding Application' which causes SharpCap to connect to PHD2 (or the other guiding options) so that you can use guiding related steps later in the sequence. Perhaps connect would have been a better name... Anyway, the relevant documentation is here : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#!2!Guiding

Another way to find out this sort of thing and to get ideas is to use the 'Deep Sky Sequence Planner' - Once you have set options in that tool, you can press the 'Advanced Edit' button and it transfers everything you have selected in the sequence planner into a sequence that you can tinker with further (and view to see how it works).

cheers,

Robin
hamers

Re: Why does this Sequencer script fail with "guiding not connected" error?

Post by hamers »

Thank you! I’ll try that tonight!
Bob