SVBony 905C problems

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
TrevorAustin

SVBony 905C problems

Post by TrevorAustin »

Having trouble with what I think are timeouts.

If I choose anything over 20 seconds using the SVBony driver in 16 bit mode the exposure counts down then the second numbers carry on into the negative and at about 20 seconds the capture fails.

Using the Ascom driver I can only use 8 bit mode, but much longer exposures as the negative numbers reach 40 seconds or so.

I’m using this on a short USB lead and an N95 CPU with 8 Gb ram.

Is this a bug or is it just a camera limitation?
admin
Site Admin

Re: SVBony 905C problems

Post by admin »

Hi,

there was a similar issue not long ago with the SV705 which was a bug in the SVBony code and they fixed it. The fix is in the very latest versions of SharpCap 4.1 (from 4.1.11226 onwards), so please update if you are using an older version.

If you already are using the latest version then please let me know and I will ask SVBony if they have heard of the issue with the SV905.

thanks,

Robin
TrevorAustin

Re: SVBony 905C problems

Post by TrevorAustin »

Thanks.