Screen depiction of camera view is way off

Discussions of using SharpCap for Solar or Lunar Imaging
oamaruastro

Screen depiction of camera view is way off

Post by oamaruastro »

UPDATE (Solution): While playing around, I noticed a little button that I had never noticed before on the "Display Histogram Stretch" window. When I clicked on it, it turned the Display Stretch on and off (it's a little "on/off" icon). Clicking on that solved my problem!

I confess right off to being a newcomer to Sharpcap, as well as being not very skilled with PCs (I’m a Mac user normally). But I’ve got an odd problem with my Sharpcap settings all of a sudden that I cannot figure out.

I have saved a bunch of settings for my ASI174MM to use when shooting the sun. These have worked fine for months and months but all of a sudden they started to appear on screen as being way overblown. If I adjust the exposure so it looks right on screen, then the histogram is way to the left and the exposures are way too dark. I have played with the image control settings and turned them way down but this doesn’t change things. I’m sure I’m doing something stupid but I cannot imagine what. And when I use a different computer those old settings seem to work fine. I realise this sounds very silly but it’s making me crazy.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Screen depiction of camera view is way off

Post by admin »

Hi,

it sounds like you used the display stretch at some point and then the settings for it got saved automatically and restored the next time you used the camera - by which time you had forgotten about it.

If you are already using capture profiles to store and load settings then you might want to turn off the option to restore the last used settings when opening a camera to avoid this happening again - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#General%20Settings

cheers,

Robin