Pausing live stack for more than 60s

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Calamity_Jane

Pausing live stack for more than 60s

Post by Calamity_Jane »

Hi:

I often want to do this, because I can ask the live stack not to save bad frames that it can't stack, thus saving me disk space. The usual cause of bad frames is passing cloud, a well-known hazard in the UK.

I notice in v. 4.1 that if the live stack is paused for more than 60s, a new stack starts. I don't necessarily want to do that, because if I decide to re-focus, or need to do a meridian flip, these operations take more than a minute.

Is there a way I can override the 60s limit before it starts a new stack?

Thank you very much,

Jane :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pausing live stack for more than 60s

Post by admin »

Hi Jane,

the intended behaviour isn't to be that the new stack starts after pausing for 60s, it's that a new stack starts if live stacking is closed for more than 60s then re-opened. You should be able to pause using the 'Pause' button in live stacking for as long as you like, just leave live stacking open...

The reasoning behind being able to close and then re-open live stacking and continue was that you wouldn't want to lose a long stack just because you accidentally closed live stacking (let's check the histogram - ooops!). I added the time limit of 60s since always restarting the last stack was confusing for people moving to a new target - the idea is that up to 60s allows for the 'oops, I want my live stack back' option, longer allows for the 'I'm doing something new now' possibility.

cheers,

Robin
Calamity_Jane

Post by Calamity_Jane »

Fair enough. I just need to remember to pause. I think even I can do that. :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

also, I should point out that there is now an option to turn the 60s limit off entirely - check out the right hand most tab of the live stacking panel in the latest updates.

cheers,

Robin