Did you get a reply on this?

Thanks,
Robert
admin
Site Admin

Re: Meade LPI-G Advanced - ROI?

Post by admin »

Hi Robert,

yes, I did, and I got the files needed to add Meade support. I just forgot to reply here, sorry :(

Try version 4.1.11491 from the downloads page - it should have a 'Meade Cameras' section with your camera in, and hopefully it will give you full functionality. Unfortunately untested since I don't have any Meade cameras to try it out with!

If it doesn't work, please send a log...

cheers,

Robin
flyingbarron

Post by flyingbarron »

Fantastic!

I installed the new version and it picked up the Meade camera immediately.
I'm seeing options and frame rates I've never seen before :)

Cloudy, so I don't know when I'll have a chance to to a proper test, but it looks very promising!

I did have a freeze and a crash after lowering ROI to 800x600 - I've sent the logs.

Thanks!

-- Robert
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Robert,

good to hear that it is working pretty well.

I found out the uploaded crash report for the resolution change that you sent. It looks like the inital problem was that the camera 'disconnected' from the PC. This probably means that it stopped responding to USB messages, or even fully disconnected due to a glitch on the camera side. It's difficult to be exactly sure - SharpCap received a disconnected notification from the SDK, and after sending any commands to the camera fails, so the best outcome is to clean up gracefully...

I will see what I can do to handle the same situation more gracefully if it recurs.

cheers,

Robin