Please explain this sequencer command...

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
Jupiter

Please explain this sequencer command...

Post by Jupiter »

The sequencer edit module offers a sequence step that says:

"Move mount to a set of coordinates that were previously saved."

I can't seem to find this in the SharpCap manual listing of the sequencer commands and if entered into the sequence editor, it does not appear to have a way to enter any information or any clue of where the coordinates are saved. I am new to this and may well be missing something obvious.

This command may be helpful for what I am trying to do (though I suspect I can pretty easily work around it using the other commands). TIA.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Please explain this sequencer command...

Post by admin »

Hi,

there are two other commands that relate to this one

* Save the current mount co-ordinates
* Plate solve and save co-ordinates

Running either of those commands will store a set of saved co-ordinates (these last until overwritten by another save, or until the end of the sequencer run). Those saved co-ordinates can then be used by the GOTO step you spotted (and also a step that syncs to the saved co-ordinates).

Allowing a set of saved co-ordinates lets you build sequences that do things like move away from and then return to a particular set of co-ordinates without needing to repeatedly enter the co-ordinates into the sequencer, and without me needing to add variables to the sequencer (which I am highly reluctant to do).

cheers,

Robin
Jupiter

Re: Please explain this sequencer command...

Post by Jupiter »

Robin,

Thanks! Seems obvious now that you explain it.