Live Planetary Stacking

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Oberon510

Live Planetary Stacking

Post by Oberon510 »

Hi Robin,

I tested the Live Planetary Stacking and had some great results with it - many thanks for the feature.

There was a problem when resizing the stacked ROI area in the tool - blew up Sharpcap and it said it would send a report back to the SC mothership. That repeated a few times so I hope you get the reports otherwise I can send the SC logs.

The image below was of Jupiter with IO in transit and leaving a shadow in the top left of the image - pretty nice for about 5 minutes of work. I look forward to more instructions on how to optimize it - I just set (1) to about 8 and left 2,3,4 unchanged.

Ken
Attachments
2023-11-20_20-30-30.jpg
2023-11-20_20-30-30.jpg (5.11 KiB) Viewed 3783 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Planetary Stacking

Post by admin »

Hi Ken,

thanks for the report - I thought I had fixed the issue with the crash on ROI change, but maybe there was more than one issue and I only fixed one of them! I will check the uploaded bug reports.

My approach to the sharpening has been to start with layer 2 - turn that up initially, then try 3 and 1. I expect that it will depend on the image scale, so for higher magnification you would use more of layers 2 and 3, but for low magnification more of 1 and 2. Anyway, experimentation is the key - turn the sharpening up until it looks over done, then turn it down a bit.

I would also suggest that a bit of a saturation boost will help too.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Planetary Stacking

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I see your bug reports - looks like it is if the ROI is changed while timelaps is active... I didn't consider that happening and it causes an issue because the SER file already has (say) 400x400 pixel frames in it, so it cannot accept 405x390 pixel frames. I will have to stop the time lapse automatically when the ROI is changed.

cheers,

Robin