New Feature : Planetary Live Stacking

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Feature : Planetary Live Stacking

Post by admin »

Hi,

I will have to look into this - a while back I changed the way that the planetary stacking plugged into the rest of SharpCap (to enable some new features like solar colorization etc) and that change may have had the side effect of limiting the camera frame rate to the stacking rate.

I will see if that's the case, and if so, what can be done about it.

cheers,

Robin
surfwheel49

Post by surfwheel49 »

Thanks,
I notice it is happening with the test camera using a recorded ser. Seems worse with higher frame rates (3.5 mS exposures) than lower frame rates (4.5mS). Just wanted to let you know!
Richard
Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

I've noticed the same thing but had not remembered to report it. I was thinking that perhaps it was related to the size of the ROI and having "Planet Disk Stabilization" enabled, which I was enabling but have since realized it is redundant because the tool already does this. Since it gets applied to every frame in preprocessing, it can slow down frame rates regardless of whether you are using the stacking tool.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually, I tracked this down - it was the change in the way it was wired into the framework of SharpCap, meaning that the frame rate was being limited to the rate at which the stacking could process them. I have moved back to doing things the old way (with some further changes to avoid throwing away the features like solar colorization), and things are back to normal with the capture being able to run at 200fps even if stacking is only managing 100fps.

cheers,

Robin
surfwheel49

Post by surfwheel49 »

Dr. Glover,
I updated the program last night and it worked beautifully! Thank you again so much for your time. What a great addition to an already amazing program!
Richard
LaurentLab

Post by LaurentLab »

Hello, I used sharpcap to check the collimation of my telescope (Schmidt Cassegrain 150 mm) with this new function. The goal was to visualize the figure of Airy. I used a Player One Uranus C camera with a Barlow * 2. After a few adjustments I obtained the figure of Airy. (made in "folder monitor")
Laurent
Capture6_31janv.JPG
Capture6_31janv.JPG (140.27 KiB) Viewed 852 times