Edit Filename Templates Manually

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
morayskies

Edit Filename Templates Manually

Post by morayskies »

Hi

Just a quick suggestion to help idiots like me :lol:

I use SharpCap almost exclusively to capture planetary videos and I wish to incorporate the Target Name, Date and Time within the saved filename. I've been using;

SharpCap Settings > Filenames(tab) > Filenames Template

section to try to achieve this by manually editing the filename template. As I only wished to change Single File (Video) option I only edited this template but found I was unable to apply this change as the 'Apply' button was greyed out. I subsequently discovered that some of the other Live Stack filename templates also needed editing (ie incorporate the {DateTime} tag) to make them valid and then I was able to apply the change I wanted.

My suggestion is; Could all the filename structures under the Filename Templates be made valid by default? This could save a bit of 'head scratching' as to why a simple filename template change could not be applied.

Otherwise SharpCap is great and I use it a lot.

Keep up the good work.

Richard
Clear Skies

Richard
Celestron 6" SCT, SW ED80, SW 6" f8 "Newt", SW 90mm f10 refractor
admin
Site Admin

Re: Edit Filename Templates Manually

Post by admin »

Hi Richard,

thanks for reporting that - it looks like it is an issue when the 'Create subfolder for each sequence' option is disabled - I will try to correct it.

There is also a possibility that the issue was a result of previous changes to the templates - at one stage SharpCap didn't check them for this problem, so it was possible to set them up in ways that could lead to files being overwritten in older versions of SharpCap. The latest versions will not let you save the changes until the problem has been corrected.

cheers,

Robin
morayskies

Re: Edit Filename Templates Manually

Post by morayskies »

Hi Robin

Thanks for acknowledging my suggestion. Not too difficult to work around if it can't be corrected :D

Thanks for SharpCap - it's a great piece of software and one I've used over a number of years now. It's been interesting to see how you have developed it over time. Long may it continue.

Cheers

Richard
Clear Skies

Richard
Celestron 6" SCT, SW ED80, SW 6" f8 "Newt", SW 90mm f10 refractor