New version is great had a problem posted log

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
yomamma

New version is great had a problem posted log

Post by yomamma »

I ran three different image sessions in one sequence last night and all were successful.

I had two strange problems that I documented in txt file and included the entire log file.

https://internetsearchtechnologies.com/Nov2Log.7z
admin
Site Admin

Re: New version is great had a problem posted log

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for sharing the logs.

I think your analysis of the first issue is basically correct - PHD2 didn't respond for some reason to SharpCap's request to resume guiding. Eventually the request timed out, got retried, timed out again and caused an error in the sequence. That error got swallowed by the 'Ignore Errors' step and the sequence moved on. Unfortunately there is no way to tell from the SharpCap log what might have caused PHD2 to either not respond or respond very slowly. It might be worth looking at the PHD2 log if you have one at that time to see if there is anything interesting.

It looks like the sequence did finish as planned at about 6am - this can be found near the end of the log

Code: Select all

Debug  	06:00:51.176332	#1 	Sequencer : Completed : Sequence																						in void SharpCap.Sequencer.SequencerContext.OnProgress(string e)
Info   	06:00:51.411389	#1 	The sequence is now finished.																							in async Task SharpCap.Sequencer.SequencerContext.RunAsync(ScriptBlock script)
I expect what happened is that the 6am deadline happened when in the middle of the focus part of the sequence, so that it ended up cancelling the autofocus procedure while it was active, leaving the focus UI on screen after shutdown. I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

cheers,

Robin