QHY5III715C Sensor Analysis Failure at 2x2 bin

eigenfreq

QHY5III715C Sensor Analysis Failure at 2x2 bin

Post by eigenfreq »

I cannot perform a sensor analysis on the QHY5III715C camera. It fails at 2x2 binning step as per the attached below error. I have done 8 other cameras without issue. Not sure if it is a bug on the camera side or software side. But seems like the offset is too high during the 2x2 bin step at 410. Has this issue happened to others? Robert
Attachments
QHY5III715C_sensorAnalysisError.JPG
QHY5III715C_sensorAnalysisError.JPG (490.86 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY5III715C Sensor Analysis Failure at 2x2 bin

Post by admin »

Hi Robert,

from the screenshot, it looks like there may be a bug in the QHY side of things for that camrea in bin2 - you can see in the controls on the right that the exposure is close to minimum, the gain is at minimum and the offset is low, but the histogram is still showing a peak at abou 37.5% brightness, which is plain wrong for those sort of settings.

I have seen issues before where cameras misbehave when set to very short exposures, so SharpCap tries to avoid going right down to minimum exposure, but in this case there is still something going wrong.

I would suggest running the analysis without the binning stage (there's a tick box you can uncheck at the beginning to turn that measurement off). The binning measurement just tries to work out if the camera adds pixel values when binning or averages them - that information is needed to get correct smart histogram recommendations when binning is turned on. However, with a CMOS sensor the recommendations for bin1 are valid for all binnings, so it's not a great loss.

cheers,

Robin