Bravo Dr Glover I am on target with outstanding data
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:04 am
Dear Dr Glover,
Bravo!
Absolutely outstanding.
Been putting your Signal to Noise Smart Histogram best practices to work.
It has been a long haul on the learning curve.
A point I reached late last year. However, "The seeing sucked last year. Massively."
Hopefully this year's weather pattern in Southern Florida is setting up to allow me to collect exceptional world class data on several targets."
Messier 2, Helix Nebula, Great Orion Nebula and the Horseheads Nebula.
That is my goal.
Right now, "My target is M2."
I am collecting some exceptional data.
When I say Bravo, "I am saying your Signal to Noise best practices has IMHO turned Deep Sky Imagine into a lucky shot outcome/prospect.
For my ~4.9 F/ratio OTA and my measured sky brightness.
The smart histogram analysis is providing, "Absolute confidence to shoot in the 12 to 18 second subs range. When you start to see unstretched SharpCap live stacking results like this at 200% zoom after 200 frames: The underlying data is going to be rock solid.
By rock solid, "I mean if any given sub frame stretched out of the basement produces this:" Therefore, the underlying data collection is, "Naturally going to a produce a great number of sub frames for Deep Sky Stacking score ranking."
Meaning, integration time now becomes, "A function not of the totality of sub time integration but of the greatest number of the highest-ranking subs scores of the number of equivalent sub frame integration."
Do you think a 240 second sub frame of data knows the difference between a 16 second sub frame that produces, "A greater Deep Sky Stacker score ranking."
At what point does the astrophotometry integration time become meaningless, "As a function of total integration time measured by numerical statistical data theory ranking.
Again, does one sub frame from another know the difference in the time it took to collect the data.
My point is if four hours of integration time built on 180 second sub frames that produces 80 sub frames of working stacking data.
How is that any different than 80 frames of 16 second sub frames out of many hundreds over the same period of time."
Thus my, "Lucky shot conjecture!"
So, in measuring this, "Apples to Oranges paradigm shift."
Under any traditional measures, "If I stack 80 frames of 16 second sub frames of best ranking measured by Deep Sky Stacking how is that any different from stacking 80 frames of much longer exposures."
Essentially it boils down to a numerical statical analysis of, "At what point does the total number of sub frames produce a limit of diminishing returns!"
Talk about turning the hobby on its head.
Thank you, "Dr. Glover."
At this point I am going to make, "An exceptional statement."
The data I am collecting is going to produce a Best of Class World Class Amateur photo of Messier 2, "Hands down for the class of my wide field OTA."
Put this way and I think you will have to absolutely agree given your, "CMOS signal to noise sensor paradigm."
Deep Sky Astrophotography CMOS imaging is no longer a conjecture of the old school of the need of longer sub frame exposures.
But a function of settled solid state physics.
"Robin, that is a massive shout out to you."
Sincerely Mark
Bravo!
Absolutely outstanding.
Been putting your Signal to Noise Smart Histogram best practices to work.
It has been a long haul on the learning curve.
A point I reached late last year. However, "The seeing sucked last year. Massively."
Hopefully this year's weather pattern in Southern Florida is setting up to allow me to collect exceptional world class data on several targets."
Messier 2, Helix Nebula, Great Orion Nebula and the Horseheads Nebula.
That is my goal.
Right now, "My target is M2."
I am collecting some exceptional data.
When I say Bravo, "I am saying your Signal to Noise best practices has IMHO turned Deep Sky Imagine into a lucky shot outcome/prospect.
For my ~4.9 F/ratio OTA and my measured sky brightness.
The smart histogram analysis is providing, "Absolute confidence to shoot in the 12 to 18 second subs range. When you start to see unstretched SharpCap live stacking results like this at 200% zoom after 200 frames: The underlying data is going to be rock solid.
By rock solid, "I mean if any given sub frame stretched out of the basement produces this:" Therefore, the underlying data collection is, "Naturally going to a produce a great number of sub frames for Deep Sky Stacking score ranking."
Meaning, integration time now becomes, "A function not of the totality of sub time integration but of the greatest number of the highest-ranking subs scores of the number of equivalent sub frame integration."
Do you think a 240 second sub frame of data knows the difference between a 16 second sub frame that produces, "A greater Deep Sky Stacker score ranking."
At what point does the astrophotometry integration time become meaningless, "As a function of total integration time measured by numerical statistical data theory ranking.
Again, does one sub frame from another know the difference in the time it took to collect the data.
My point is if four hours of integration time built on 180 second sub frames that produces 80 sub frames of working stacking data.
How is that any different than 80 frames of 16 second sub frames out of many hundreds over the same period of time."
Thus my, "Lucky shot conjecture!"
So, in measuring this, "Apples to Oranges paradigm shift."
Under any traditional measures, "If I stack 80 frames of 16 second sub frames of best ranking measured by Deep Sky Stacking how is that any different from stacking 80 frames of much longer exposures."
Essentially it boils down to a numerical statical analysis of, "At what point does the total number of sub frames produce a limit of diminishing returns!"
Talk about turning the hobby on its head.
Thank you, "Dr. Glover."
At this point I am going to make, "An exceptional statement."
The data I am collecting is going to produce a Best of Class World Class Amateur photo of Messier 2, "Hands down for the class of my wide field OTA."
Put this way and I think you will have to absolutely agree given your, "CMOS signal to noise sensor paradigm."
Deep Sky Astrophotography CMOS imaging is no longer a conjecture of the old school of the need of longer sub frame exposures.
But a function of settled solid state physics.
"Robin, that is a massive shout out to you."
Sincerely Mark